Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin announced on Tuesday, March 17th that taxpayers can delay paying their income taxes on as much as $1 million in taxes owed for up to 90 days. Corporate filers would get the same length of time to pay amounts due on up to $10 million in taxes owed. Read more here.
This interim guidance is based on what is currently known about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The outbreak first started in China, but the virus continues to spread internationally and in the United States. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will update this interim guidance as additional information becomes available.
The following interim guidance may help prevent workplace exposures to COVID-19, in non-healthcare settings. (CDC has provided separate guidance for healthcare settings.) This guidance also provides planning considerations for community spread of COVID-19. Read more.
Our goal is to minimize the impact on our community by looking to our public health experts for guidance related to COVID-19. Here are some additional resources for your reference.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus
- Small Business Guidance on Responding to Coronavirus
- Traveler's Health Website
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Resources and Guidelines for Business
- U.S. Dept of Labor: Occupational Health and Safety Administration